The cookies shots were a lot of fun to make. To be honest I thought they were going to be a Pinterest fail but they actually turned out great! They would be a lot of fun at any get together.
Cookie Shot Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Candy Melts
- Set oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease popover pan
- Blend together shortening, sugar and brown sugar
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla
- Gradually add the flour and salt
- Then add the chocolate chips, you can mix these in with your hands
- Mold the dough into the pan leaving a hole in the middle(for detailed directions check out the video!)
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let it completely cool
- *Be careful when taking out of popover pan, I had to use a spoon but try to twirl it in the pan cup to loosen it up
- Melt the candy melts-DON’T OVERHEAT!!
- Pour the candy melts into the well of the cookie and swirl around until entire well is covered, quickly flip over to pour the excess.
- Let the chocolate hardened
- Pour milk inside the well, and enjoy!
Thank you for reading! Criticism, praise, suggestion, thoughts, questions, please leave them with me 🙂